Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Class Is Getting More Praise From PFF!
(05-25-2021, 05:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They really just need to stay healthy for a change... and Lou Anarumo “maturing” as a DC would help immensely

The D had their moments despite a shortage of talent. I know it is not fashionable to give him any credit but I seem to recall it was Lou who came up with the gameplan to keep the Raven's offense in check that others then deployed. The final score didn't do it justice but that was more down to offensive failings with an interception and a couple of fumbles continually surrendering field position.

I also think the bigger issue has been the lack of investment in the D.

Just the one first round pick spent on D in the last 7 drafts - the now departed WJIII. And in that time period they've only spent one second round pick (Jessie Bates) on D as well. Has a team ever successfully built a D whilst investing so little in it? Whilst they've invested money on D in the last two free agencies those signings have played a combined 4 and a half games. Combine that with a lack of depth and you're asking for trouble. Hopefully all the D-linemen drafted this year and the likes of Apple and Allen in the secondary offer a greater level of protection when the starters go down.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft Class Is Getting More Praise From PFF! - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 05-26-2021, 11:56 AM