Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Class Is Getting More Praise From PFF!
(05-26-2021, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love the fact that Chase didn't play last year and be worn out coming in to his rookie season.  All the games, post-season games, then combine prep and right in to OTAs....it seemed to wear out a lot of guys.  I don't know if Higgins was ever 100% healthy with his hamstring issue (that is kind of exciting to think given what he accomplished).  

I understand what you are saying about Jackson being made for the guard position, but there is still a chance he ends up being the RT of the future.  Very excited about him and how the right side of the line will look this year.  I, for one, kind of enjoy the continual questioning of the "lack of emphasis on the offensive line" narrative as it has to piss off the likes of Carman, Spain, Reiff, etc.  You could kind of sense the annoyance when Burrow was asked if the moves in the offseason can "keep him upright".

I don't have one single thing I love most about this draft, but two major components are getting the amazing weapon in Chase and the slide in Rd 2, where they STILL got Carman and added the likes of Shelvin and Smith at critical depth positions.  It also allowed them to get the top kicker in the draft perhaps a little earlier because they had already addressed so many needs by the 5th round.  

Time will tell on Smith if he can put the weight on and keep it on.  He probably won't be asked to do much this season barring injuries, but he could be a very valuable long term piece.  Shelvin and McPherson will contribute significantly this year. 

Great point on Chase taking off the year. You have mentioned it before that rookies have it rough going right from college to
the Combine, to OTA's to Training Camp to the regular season and adjusting. Chase is as fresh as he can be right now. Carman
can definitely play RT or LT in a pinch for us which is why he is so valuable, just don't match him up against speed.

Hope the O-lineman we brought in are taking it personal and want to prove this is not a problem anymore.

The trade back was key to this Draft. Like you said, got us Shelvin and D'ante along with the ability to draft McPherson.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft Class Is Getting More Praise From PFF! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-26-2021, 03:53 PM