Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry
(05-30-2021, 02:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just wish we could get some more active posters, in here. It gets a bit boring when the majority of what we have been seeing was stuff from them or the idiocy of someone else. When we try to get a thread going about something more grounded it just doesn't get the attention.

I agree, I appreciate it when the forum is more active as well.  I think it's unfortunate that the price to pay for that is the participation of those two, especially Fred.  But they both chose to leave, and no one can put Fred leaving on me.  I put that cretin on ignore probably close to a year ago.

(05-30-2021, 03:10 PM)Dill Wrote: I do have "clue of what actually happened or the history there."

No, you actually don't.

Quote:Accepting Bels' standard of diversity, this forum is the poorer without Dino and Fred. I immediately noticed the drop off in new threads the week after D was gone. Less interactive discussion,.  Having an actual lawyer participate in discussions was a good thing.

I agree, GM was a major shit stirrer.  Fred was a lawyer who didn't know that the police can order you out of your vehicle and thought the Nuremburg defense was a good strategy for a defendant.  So no, we're actually better off without a lawyer who doesn't know the law.

Quote:On this thread, I recalled Fred by way of an effective contribution on another, argued from "fact and commonsense," and in my view never adequately answered. 

You "recalled" Fred's "word twisting and prevarication," a behavior you often allege but never substantiate.  That's not trafficking in "facts and common sense." That's just injecting wholly unnecessary slander into factual discussion. Neither Fred nor Dino made a practice of so referencing fellow forum members. It took multiple personal attacks to get their dander up, if ever. 

Numerous people, including Bel, have called Fred out for the exact behavior.  He's infamous for it.  This is another case of "Dill doesn't see it".

Quote:You can't expect people--even new forum members--not to notice who's actually doing what and draw conclusions. It's right there in the record, thread after thread. 

Oh, you mean UberHuber who's never contributed anything but the sniping and attacks you purport to decry?

Quote:It's one thing if some find this forum difficult because their views are exposed to and undermined by rational, evidence-based argument. It's quite another if it's difficult because personal attacks obfuscate, side track discussion, and shut down threads. 

In post #28, I've offered you a "divergent opinion" grounded in "facts and commonsense." Can you respond in kind, set the discussion back on track? 

You have a rather different idea of what that constitutes then most.  Regardless, I've already stated, I'm not in the habit of debating with people who support terrorism.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-30-2021, 03:33 PM