Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Zac Taylor Bob Bratkowski 2.0
(05-30-2021, 11:34 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Having a few sec more in the pocket could help open the deep pass up. Chase will help this not only for his ability to stretch the field but also to take defenders off Tee. Teams could focus more on Tee since AJ was not killing it last year like a top 5 draft pick should. Our middle passing was not bad last year Burrow is not a check down guy he likes to stay focused downfield and push the ball downfield.

Many people think that to be able to complete deep passes, that the QB needs a long period of time (relatively speaking) to wait for the "route to develop".  However, that is not necessarily always the case, as most times the big play threat is going to automatically be drawing double coverage.  Often times what leads to deep route success, is forcing the defense to go one on one with your deep threat, by completing a bunch of short and intermediate stuff that beats the defense into submission, thus forcing them to focus on the middle of the field.

Another way to get one on one coverage on your deep threats is to have success pounding the ball in the running game.  In my opinion, having a strong rushing attack kills the will of opposing defenses 10/10.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Zac Taylor Bob Bratkowski 2.0 - SunsetBengal - 05-30-2021, 11:52 PM