Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jackson Carman New Bengals OL
(05-31-2021, 06:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Only 3 o-linemen were taken between the Bengals 1st 4th round pick and their last (C- Drew Dalman, T- Dan Moore and T- Josh Ball). Sample and Shelvin provided much greater value than any of those 3, IMO.

James Hudson (who was taken before the Bengals 1st pick in the 4th) and D'Ante Smith were the best of the bunch in the 4th round when you consider overall talent and potential. 

The Bengals were able to land one of them, and still build the d-line as well with 2 very good additions. I feel like the 4th round played out extremely well.

As I stated Oline was top priority.. if you want to put Dline top go ahead but i don;t know anyone that has said that.. my point is simple  i rather not gamble  with who would be there at end of 4th.. if Smith was that high on Bengals.. pick him higher.. we have been down this road of 4/5 round picks Oline before.. should I say Jordan.... and who is to say the d-line prospects would not have been there either.. 

This year will tell if the Bengals did right, we don;t need projects we need starters if we don;t see major improvement by our Carman and Smith  i would say we failed with the approach we took. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome Jackson Carman New Bengals OL - Essex Johnson - 06-01-2021, 09:58 AM