Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-01-2021, 01:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It's not that I believe in Trump, it's that I believe in an America first agenda and not letting other Countries get over on us.  I believe in a mix of peace by strength along with good diplomacy.

Can you please explain what you mean by "Trump's authoritarian strength"?

Just the idea that we need someone to stand up for the American people and be "strong" for us.  I personally think the notion that Trump exudes strength is a marketing-based farce, but even if he did looking to a single leader to protect us from being bullied by other countries seems authoritarian to me.

But this is just another example of Trump's marketing machine reheating a successful GOP move from decades past.  Ronald Reagan was a union leader Hollywood elite who was on his second marriage but he embraced the evangelicals and spread the narrative that evil dictators loved to kick around Jimmy Carter but would be terrified of the star of Bedtime for Bonzo if he were in office.

Now we are looking to a reality TV star and his kids and their spouses to protect us from China.  You couldn't make this stuff up.  Maybe it is all logical and I'm the insane one.  I wonder if I'll live long enough for the Kardashians to protect me from the rest of the planet.

EDIT - And to show that liberals do it too I'll point out my cynical amusement that Obama is seen as some ultra-cool liberal god but the guy accepted a nobel prize for bombing the shit out of 3rd world countries.  Obama...ultra nice guy who was such a great peacenick that liberals loved him and conservatives were terrified he was going to get us all killed with his flower power.  Ah but loudmouth Trump is such a badass no one would dare mess with him.  Meh...MEH I say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Nately120 - 06-01-2021, 01:25 PM