Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry
(06-01-2021, 01:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: According to you, which we have determined to be not an effective standard. 

LOL when did "we" do that? Not on this thread, for sure.
(06-01-2021, 01:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:In the post previous to it, you mis-constructed my "worst case scenarios"--e.g., reducing multiple shooters to two. I corrected that.

No, I absolutely did not.

?? From your post #26

(05-29-2021, 02:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, you think that law enforcement will respond to an active shooter event, witness two parties exchanging gunfire and then just light absolutely everyone up without issuing any commends to cease, i.e. law down your weapons and get on the ground? 

There it is in bolded: Multiple good guys reduced to one "exchanging gunfire" with a bad guy. Also, I didn't posit police "light[ing] absolutely everyone up." So yes, mis-construction.

And you still haven't explained why your segregation analogy invalidates my analogy to laws against open carry on the frontier.

(06-01-2021, 01:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why not? You presented a "worst case scenario", why begrudge me a "best case scenario" response?

Jeezus, thought we were assessing policy and law.  

Imagine police trained only for the "best case scenario." Or lawmakers who ignore the worst case. 

(06-01-2021, 01:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  Are you asserting that these are the only two such scenarios that have ever occurred?  

Were they?  That seems rather subjective on your part.  What exact criteria did you use to determine this?

That two such "scenarios" occurred at all with single good-guy shootersl makes my point about the difficulty police might have in sorting multiple good-guy shooters from bad.

Why on earth would I assert "that these are the only two such" when my point is there is great risk that more could occur? 

The guy who wants me to "begrudge" him his fuzzy best case scenario now wants "exact criteria."  

My "exact criteria" of multiple good-guy shooters at a "tightly packed sports or music venue" were stated in post #20; and based on the information provided by the articles, I could tell that the outside of a mall and inside of a bar were not tightly packed sports or music venues.  And using a process of mathematical deduction, I determined that one good-guy shooter was not multiple good-guy shooters.  

Hence the two scenarios were judged "simpler" and "less populated." But whether they are or not helps you not at all. 

(06-01-2021, 01:26 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're not defending Hamas and Hezbollah in this thread, unlike others, so we can continue. 

Then why bring up my "acknowledged support for terrorism" at all?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas set to allow unlicensed handgun carry despite outcry - Dill - 06-01-2021, 04:30 PM