Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WalterFootball Says Chase Is Impressing!
(06-03-2021, 09:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It seems like the Bengals have pulled a "Williams over Ogbuehi" with Chase.  I mean that they tried to replace an aging veteran (that was still at the top of his game) in Whitworth with Ogbuehi and he was a horrible whiff.  Williams, though young and has durability questions, is the best lineman returning from a pathetic squad a year ago.  He is surely an ascending talent and I think with Pollack as his coach he will be manning the LT position for a long time.  The Bengals obviously think highly of him or they likely would have gone after Sewell to replace him at LT. 

The Bengals also tried to replace Green (who was also still on top of his game) when they drafted Ross, who was another whiff.  Enter the drafting of Ja'Marr Chase.  Second attempt to get Green's replacement, and they seem to have found their guy.  I know, I know...he hasn't taken a single NFL snap, but I am very excited to have him on this roster.  The quotes from guys like Boyd about Chase's versatility I take as honest praise.  The fact that Joe loves him and knows his work ethic, and how to be on the same page with him is just an added bonus.  

I just read an article on the team, and there was a highlight on the oline. Seems Jonah only gave up two sacks and 1 or 2 penalties all year? That's pretty impressive for a guy in his first season, at LT, with a dog turd lined up next to him. I certainly don't understand the people that were down on his play around here. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WalterFootball Says Chase Is Impressing! - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-03-2021, 09:29 AM