Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WalterFootball Says Chase Is Impressing!
(06-03-2021, 11:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sewell would have been a solid pick, but Chase is a generational talent, especially since he'll be playing with Burrow, whom he has chemistry with already.  I understand wanting Sewell, because I kind of did too and we need to protect Burrow, but you can't pass up that kind of talent, especially when you mix in the chemistry with Burrow and the fact that we may have a solid left tackle already on the roster in Jonah Williams.

I keep mentioning chemistry with Burrow because I don't think people understand how important that can be with a quarterback and receiver because they can do so many different things to break off routes, alter routes, stop early, or do a number of other things to find open holes in a zone or exploit man coverage.

Ross was more of a one-trick pony and just had no overall receiving abilities.  Being undersized made it even worse.  It was a typical Mike Brown pick: take the guy that ran the fastest 40 to excite the fanbase and hope that being that fast automatically makes him HOF worthy.

I agree that we found our guy because, unlike Ross, Chase comes from a much bigger program and, I sound like a crippled record, chemistry with Burrow and Chase can do much more than just be a speed guy.  Chase has more than just receiving ability because he has the "it" factor that you just can't teach where he'll make a move to get open without even thinking about it because his instincts will just kick in and Burrow will know what he's going to do.

I love that he can line up wherever and run any route because it forces the defense to be have to call defenses to account for him and have a spare defender ready to be able to line up against him and it will create mismatches not matter what.

He's starting to grow on me more and more and I hope that he can play as advertised and give Burrow the time he needs to make plays because this team can be very dangerous if we protect Burrow.  

I think Williams is developing nicely and it does give me more confidence for this upcoming season.

Maybe our franchise did know what it was doing?

you seem to be confusing Mike brown with Al Davis
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WalterFootball Says Chase Is Impressing! - XenoMorph - 06-03-2021, 12:45 PM