Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hill - rookie to have the most surprising season?
(06-02-2021, 08:55 AM)IwillieFANderson Wrote: This guy might be a sleeper, no one is really talking.
Trey Hill's weaknesses entering the draft per NFL.com/prospects
  • Knee bend works against him as a blocker.
  • Ends up upright and on his tip-toes at times as drive blocker.
  • Below-average getting power players steered out of gaps.
  • Hand placement is a lingering concern as a run and pass blocker.
  • Anchor impacted by poor pad level and use of outside hands.
  • Absorbs and catches rush rather than firing his hands.
  • Desired body control is missing.
  • Meniscus tears in both knees that required surgery in December.

(06-02-2021, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the most surprising rookie will be Pro Wells.

I am guessing you read the Stripe Hype article about him? The guy hasn't been asked to block much from a 3-point stance. And that is what Taylor has asked TEs to do so far.  So why would you go Wells > Tate for a big body lined up outside?  The guy will be lucky to land on the practice squad.

per NFL.com/prospects
  • Just 32 career catches and no seasons with more than 200 yards receiving.
  • Poor pad level and hand usage as blocker.
  • Second-level radar is spotty when blocking on the move.
  • Needs a more proactive approach as a blocker.
  • Shows some delay getting out of stance and into route.
  • Route-running is rounded and basic.
  • Lethargic feet will limit his yards after catch underneath.
(Basketball does not a great NFL player make...)

(06-02-2021, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Pro Wells making it would definitely be a surprise.
I am heavily expecting the TEs to be Uzomah, Sample, and Moss barring an injury.

I expect this.... Moss is Randy's son, and probably has a lot more polish than most being that he had a NFL father helping him since childhood.  And Moss and Wells are basically the same body type (Wells is listed as 1 inch taller, similar body weight) and.... Moss had 47 receptions for 570 yards in his last collegiate year, much more production than Wells, including 2 TDs in the National Championship game (i.e. against high caliber opponents). Add that Burrow threw the ball and .... it seems like it is Moss's to lose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trey Hill - rookie to have the most surprising season? - PAjwPhilly - 06-03-2021, 05:16 PM