Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WalterFootball Says Chase Is Impressing!
Burrow and Chase are 2 very talented guys who can be generational if they avoid major injuries in my opinion. Burrow overall was very good prior to his injury in 2020 even though his deep passing was horrible (I think he gets back to being more accurate on passes over 40 yards in teh air sooner than later).

Chase has shown the potential to be a stud in college and is very young, but already has a man's body.

I am excited to watch the Burrow to Chase, Boyd and Higgins passing game in 2021. The OL is the huge intangible, if they can protect Joe and improve the running game, this offense can become elite quickly.

This below from an ESPN article comparing Green to Chase:

During that run with the Tigers that featured Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, Chase could be lined up as the traditional X receiver on the outside or moved inside to the slot. Chase was in the slot on almost 40% of his snaps in 2019 in his Biletnikoff Award-winning season.

That gives the Bengals a dynamic they lacked with Green. In his 10 years with the Bengals, Green lined up outside on 84.7% of his snaps, according to ESPN Stats and Information. Of his 9,430 career receiving yards, 81% of them came when he was positioned near the boundary.

Just like the Bengals will benefit from Chase’s usage, the rookie is looking forward to the extra space in the NFL. In college, inside and outside receivers were aligned closer to each other because the hash marks are closer to the sideline. Having the hash marks closer to the middle of the field will give Chase more operating space.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WalterFootball Says Chase Is Impressing! - Luvnit2 - 06-05-2021, 10:04 AM