Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. judge overturns California’s ban on assault weapons
(06-05-2021, 09:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://apnews.com/article/california-gun-politics-government-and-politics-3d72caa3b52667b2a450cae41a087468

I'm interested to see how this plays out. AWBs have been upheld in many challenges over the years. I could be wrong, but this may be the most substantial challenge to them since Heller, which may make a difference.

His “test” saying they aren’t bazookas or howitzers is such a crap argument because who gets to decide what is that “extreme” category that the are fine limiting? This is my issue with all the rules around the 2nd amendment, for instance banning felony from owning them, why do we all just agree that some arbitrary rules are cool and others aren’t? I know that argument works both ways, which is why I try to point out to people we restrict these often considered absolute rights all the time but yet people don’t tend to care as long as it isn’t restricting them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. judge overturns California’s ban on assault weapons - Au165 - 06-05-2021, 10:08 AM