Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. judge overturns California’s ban on assault weapons
(06-05-2021, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic on this one, it involves a 30 day stay which will likely be extended when the case is appealed. However the response from left leaning "news" organization has been predictable.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/05/california-assault-rifles-ban-gavin-newsom-judge-roger-benitez-ar-15-swiss-army-knife

Read this line from this hard news item and discover all you need to know about the integrity of "journalists".

Assault-style rifles are disproportionately used in crime

This is a flat out, bold faced lie, at least as phrased in this article. They are disproportionately under used, representing a minute fraction of gun related crimes. Don't take my word for it, look at the Uniform Crime Report.

This is a deliberate and utterly false statement in a supposed "hard news" story.

My only guess is that they would say something about how they are used more than other rifles in crimes. That's the sort of data manipulation they would use to justify their position.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. judge overturns California’s ban on assault weapons - Belsnickel - 06-05-2021, 08:55 PM