Poll: How many yards does Drew Sample end up with in 2021?
0-149
150-299
300-399
400-499
500 or more
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Predict Drew Sample's Receiving Total for 2021
(06-06-2021, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: Haha... An eye roll. The guy's a scrub and one of the worst picks of Zac's pitiful era. My goalposts are very stationary. I know it's crazy to expect a guy to make shit happen when he has the ball. Granted... He's young and can still improve, but it takes some rose colored glasses to see Sample as anything more than a backup TE (the guy he backs up isn't a world beater either). Awesome job in leading the team in catch percentage though.

(06-06-2021, 08:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So, I think you bascially have to pick one or the or other with a statement like this; either Zac Taylor is the absolute worst play caller of all time and refuses to use Sample in any way that resembles modern football, or there is a reason he is used the way he is, and it's because he's virtually incapable of getting open in coverage down the field.  It's got to be one or the other or  at the very least, some a combination of them both.

To each their own, but when I watch Drew Sample play, the way he moves, his speed, his agility, he looks nothing like what a #1 tight end looks like.  Like not even close.  He looks like someone you'd draft in 1982.

It's pretty obvious that we will continue to have differing opinions on Drew Sample the player.  So, in an effort to not perpetuate circular arguments on either side, I'm going to cease further argument on my part in this discussion.  Not saying that one view is correct over the other, just wanting to keep the peace with a couple of posters that I generally like reading. 

As for Drew Sample's worth, I guess this season will tell the story on him.  So we will have to wait to find out who's point of view was the correct one. ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predict Drew Sample's Receiving Total for 2021 - SunsetBengal - 06-06-2021, 09:14 PM