Poll: How many yards does Drew Sample end up with in 2021?
0-149
150-299
300-399
400-499
500 or more
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Predict Drew Sample's Receiving Total for 2021
(06-07-2021, 12:53 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol that’s the truth.

Higgins, Chase, Boyd, Mixon, Uzo, either of the rookie rbs... all of those guys are more exciting options.

He will get his catches though as the forgotten man. Hopefully he makes the most of those opportunities.

I guess we will see.  Maybe if Burrow gets 5,000 yards on the year Sample will get 500 of them.  I can't help but feel if Sample is getting that many yards (not that it is a whole lot) that we're in one of those "Rex Burkhead was our #1 WR" situations. 

Sample had 349 yards last season and I need to remember this is now a 17 game season BUT in 2021 we should have Uzomah and Mixon healthy, and Chase over a broken down AJ Green. I suppose Sample could get m 30 yards per game just by being the forgotten man, but he's more likely to get receptions by being higher on the depth chart than we wanted him to be and/or a product of us throwing the ball 50 times per game.

With all the offensive weapons we have, it would be encouraging to think that Burrow had enough time in the pocket to get it to what should be his 5th or 6th option, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predict Drew Sample's Receiving Total for 2021 - Nately120 - 06-07-2021, 10:46 AM