Poll: How many yards does Drew Sample end up with in 2021?
0-149
150-299
300-399
400-499
500 or more
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Predict Drew Sample's Receiving Total for 2021
(06-06-2021, 08:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, that's about the biggest understatement I've ever seen.  That's like describing a critique of a Chevy Cavalier as people merely complaing it doesn't drive like a Ferrari.  (Fwiw, I find these to be the absolutely laziest types of arguments.  Just painting other's opinions to the absolute extreme in order to make them appear irrational.)

How about 500-700 yards and 5+ TD's, something like that?  You give that and and so decent blocking and I don't think anyone has nearly the same issues with the production.  I don't think anyone is holding him to the 1,416 and 11 TD standard that Travis Kelce has set.

He had 40 catches for 349 yards after starting the year as the #2. While playing 6.5 games with a Finley/Brandon Allen at QB while trying to help out a subpar OL all year. In his second year in the NFL.

There were 21 TEs with between 300-600 receiving yards last year. There were only 5 TEs who went over 700 yards last year. Your lazy argument of trying to shit on a guy who was drafted primarily for his blocking prowess because he hasn’t put up top pass catching production numbers in his two years in the league is the lazy one. There is more to TE play than pass catching statistics. And with Cethan Carter gone and Uzi back Sample will surely be asked to do more of the dirty work. Which will be great for you to shit on him some more while he is blowing holes open in the run game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predict Drew Sample's Receiving Total for 2021 - NATI BENGALS - 06-07-2021, 07:53 PM