Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 12:37 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fair enough.

By this definition https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fascism

noun
(sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Every box but one is checked. He has claimed total authority in the past and throwing out democratic election results and taking power would put him in the dictator category. He has forcibly suppressed opposition and his followers help him suppress criticism. His entire shtick is aggressive nationalism and he dabbles with the racism. He cares about money more than anything but himself so if given more time I'm sure he would be interested in exerting more control over certain areas of the economy to enrich himself, especially something like social media so he could force feed you with his propaganda.

But you are right though. I guess I will just have to call him a half-ass fascist. Like almost everything else he does other than being a conman, he was a failure.

I see all of the boxes unchecked but one that is left up for intereptation, and pails in comparison to the actual fascist leaders in the past.

Dictator having complete power?  No.

Forcibly suspressing opposition and critcism?  No.  (Show me an example of force, and explain to me how someone can take a picture holding his severed bloody head and face zero consequences.  Explain to me how tens of millions of people, and every facet of the media and entertainment were able to rip him every single day for 4 years.  Real examples of this result in a bullet to the head for a single quote or statement.)

Regimenting all industry and commerce.  lol.  No.  Wtf.

Agressive nationalism and often racism. This one is up for intereptation.  I consider aggressive nationalism and racism to be things like slaughtering millions of Jews, engaging in Eugenics, the Hitler Youth, occupying half of Europe.  Some may equate "make America great again" or denouncing illegal immigration to this, as it can be argued it is form of it.  That's their opinion and they're entitled to it. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Wes Mantooth - 06-08-2021, 10:51 AM