Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 10:40 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I actually did some research (I spent about 15 minutes on their website, Wikipedia and on The Lincoln Project's twitter page) after reading this.  I was completely unaware of who they were.

You're right, they have done work with the Republican party in the past but I'm not so sure I'd call them a conservative group.  I'd call them an Anti-Trump group.  That's literally all they do.  That's their entire goal.  They make it abundantly clear.

I also question just how conservative they are because they all held jobs like "campaign manager" "consultant" and "political operative" which doesn't necessarily tell me a whole lot about their beliefs just their profession.  Someone like Roy Kohn comes to mind, who worked with McCarthy, when I'm trying to determine if they're actually conservative or not, or if they just go where they money takes them. 

An example of this, their cofounder worked for the Democratic party in between stints with John McCain.  (Fwiw, he also was caught up in a scandal where he was offering "professional support" for sex with men.  He also got caught grooming a 14 a year old boy for 4 years that immediately turned sexual in nature once he reached 18.)

To each their own, but I wouldn't consider this group to be anything other than Anti-Trump.  If they were actual conservatives they would have went back to covering or working in conservative politics after their goal was reached (getting Trump out of office).  They haven't.  They're still tweeting about him every single day.  I could be totally wrong but I have a feeling that like most of scumbags in Washington they're only agenda is making as much money as they can.  And devoting 4 years to "bringing down Trump" (their words) offered them the best they could get in that climate.

Regardless of all this, MSNBC is very much left wing and they're the ones that ran this ad on National TV.

So, I'm pretty knowledgeable about the folks at Lincoln Project. They are definitely conservative. I know their other works, I've heard them speak, I've even had a conversation with one. Their goal isn't completed, because they view Trump as a threat to conservatism and the GOP. Since the GOP is still married to Trump and Trumpism, they have a continuing effort to fight against these ideas in an attempt to return the GOP to actual conservatism.

As to your last point, that may be, but I just view media as all having a corporate bias. They will air who pays them and satisfies the others that pay them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Belsnickel - 06-08-2021, 10:57 AM