Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on contract extensions.
(06-08-2021, 07:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the Bengals should be looking closely at Jurrell Casey as a rotational 3-tech to pair with Ogunjobi.  He's 32 years old, but I could see him signing a one-year deal.  I know they have Mike Daniels, but I would feel better if Casey were signed as well.

As far as Bates and Hubbard go, I am pretty sure the organization will do everything they can to get them long-term deals.  I am no cap-ologist, but they tend to front-load deals with good signing bonuses to make the contract less of a burden as time goes on and the cap expands.  Based on the crazy rumors of $300 million caps, it would make sense to get them done sooner than later.  

The big one on the horizon will be Burrow's contract.

No doubt that is the big one looming in the next few years. Whatever we have to do to lock Burrow up long term will need done for sure. It will also be interesting to see how we handle the WR position in the coming years, with basically 3 WR's who could be pro bowl caliber. Do we keep all 3 or let one go? Of course Chase still has a lot to prove on the field, but looking ahead a few years it may be hard to keep all 3 if he pans out like expected. Tee and Boyd have already proven they are top shelf WRs, and Tee looks to be taking a big step up according to reports. 

I think Hubbard will be pretty easy to sign to a team friendly deal. Bates will get more money for sure though, and I hope we sign him. He seems to want to be here but who knows.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - CJD - 06-08-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - bengaloo - 06-08-2021, 11:33 AM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - J24 - 06-08-2021, 02:49 PM