Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-08-2021, 12:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: And since they brought ACTUAL EFFING GALLOWS, there's not even a debate about intent. They wanted to hang the VP for crying out loud.

I've actually seen this done multiple times these past few years.  I'll see if I can find the links for the examples, but I distinctly remember groups of protesters (BLM or Anitifa, can't remember which) arriving with these in front of elected officials and law enforcement's homes. 

Another example, which I was able to find, was a guillotine that was displayed in front of the White House, in which a very sizable crowd had gathered and put a Trump doll on it.  You can read about it, and watch it unfold  here:  https://www.newsweek.com/protest-trump-doll-guillotine-outside-white-house-rnc-1528381

Let me be clear, anyone who arrives with displays like these ought to be charged with some sort of crime and force should be used to disperse the crowd ASAP.  It's disgusting and dangerous behavior that has no place in America or in the 21st century.  It's not a statement, it's completely idiocy.

That said, I do question why some seemingly pick and choose what to take from these events, as either an actual threat or as a political statement or display.  The coverage and discussion that surrounds these situations seems somewhat uneven at times.  If you're to truly believe that display was an indication of a potential hanging by one group why would not to believe the same for the others?  Why aren't we spending as much time on these acts as well, as legitmately violent threats?

Even coverage, and equal disgust is all I ask.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Wes Mantooth - 06-08-2021, 12:24 PM