Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-08-2021, 12:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: Just to get this straight. You think that calling the last election fair and the results valid is a "left-wing media narrative".

It's also the fact of the matter, and there was zero evidence presented to persuade any single judge or election official otherwise.

With the years that have passed, and with me having a cursory understanding of everything that transpired, would someone care to walk me though the differences of calling into question the integrity of the 2020 election and 2016 election, or the Georgia Gubernatorial election in 2018?

I seem to remember months, if not years of coverage on Russian collusion and the idea that the 2016 election was stolen from Hillary Clintion.  I remember not only numerous memebers of the media, but numerous elected officials repeatedly calling into question the legitmacy of Trump's win.  I remember investigations being called for.  I remember half of the county believing that the election was interfered with.

I also remember Stacy Abrams refusing to concede, even a year later.  I remember numerous accusations being made, and them all being completey unproven and ultimately dismissed by a court of law.  This still did not deter her from calling into question the results.  She was even calling herself the Governor after her opponent had been sworn in.

So can someone please explain to be the difference?  Perhaps it's scale.  Maybe the lengths Trump and others have gone to are greater.  Maybe it's the language used.  I honestly do not know, and that's why I've sincerely asked for someone to walk me through this.

Fwiw, people can choose to believe me or not when I'm say I'm a moderate.  But I truely am.  I would have been considered slightly left of center 10 years ago, and slightly right of center today, although my political positions remain largely unchanged.  The reason I'm pointing this out is because I see both sides pull the same stunts, and I feel like I'm in a position where I notice it more and call it out.  I'm hoping there's a lot more like me.

I have to be honest, when I see people losing their minds over questioning the elections results, or flaming Trump as a threat to democracy but not someone like Stacy Abrams then I'm getting these vibes...

[Image: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg]

Like I said, I'm open to someone explain to me how these things differ.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Wes Mantooth - 06-08-2021, 12:39 PM