Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-08-2021, 12:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Let me be clear, anyone who arrives with displays like these ought to be charged with some sort of crime and force should be used to disperse the crowd ASAP.  It's disgusting and dangerous behavior that has no place in America or in the 21st century.  It's not a statement, it's completely idiocy.

Yup.

(06-08-2021, 12:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That said, I do question why some seemingly pick and choose what to take from these events, as either an actual threat or as a political statement or display.  The coverage and discussion that surrounds these situations seems somewhat uneven at times.  If you're to truly believe that display was an indication of a potential hanging by one group why would not to believe the same for the others?  Why aren't we spending as much time on these acts as well, as legitmately violent threats?

This is easy to answer for me. The major difference, imho, is that large parts of one political party, very much including its undisputed leader, seemed to back the effort. This does not happen in other instances. Biden does not say we love you to Antifa when they did something like you described.
The constant incitement by repeating an unproven claim of election fraud - a real severe accusation to make with zero evidence - is scary too, of course. And the demoting and censoring of people who have an issue with all that. These are all unmatched in other instances.

---
(06-08-2021, 12:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: With the years that have passed, and with me having a cursory understanding of everything that transpired, would someone care to walk me though the differences of calling into question the integrity of the 2020 election and 2016 election, or the Georgia Gubernatorial election in 2018?

I seem to remember months, if not years of coverage on Russian collusion and the idea that the 2016 election was stolen from Hillary Clintion.  I remember not only numerous memebers of the media, but numerous elected officials repeatedly calling into question the legitmacy of Trump's win.  I remember investigations being called for.  I remember half of the county believing that the election was interfered with.

I also remember Stacy Abrams refusing to concede, even a year later.  I remember numerous accusations being made, and them all being completey unproven and ultimately dismissed by a court of law.  This still did not deter her from calling into question the results.  She was even calling herself the Governor after her opponent had been sworn in.

So can someone please explain to be the difference?  Perhaps it's scale.  Maybe the lengths Trump and others have gone to are greater. 

Just two cents. For one, the whole Russia scandal, even if one sees it as overblown, had some very severe basis in fact. Just consider Roger Stone and the publishing of Hillary's emails through wikileaks that apparently was coordinated with him, or that the campaign manager of Trump gave private briefings to a Russian oligarch, or the actual proven Russian influence campaigns, to name just a few very real things. Real things Trump's stolen election narrative lacks.

As for democrats' behaviour, there were some things said I was not fine with and that imho deserve condemnation too. None went as far as to say we demote and censor everyone who does not follow the stolen election line, and of course no actual mob came to hang the Georgia governor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - hollodero - 06-08-2021, 12:52 PM