Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on contract extensions.
(06-08-2021, 12:28 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: MJ got that deal comig off 10 sacks.  Hubbard had 2
MJ was cut 1 year into his bad deal.  

MJ got that deal coming off of 3.5 sacks or whatever and he never had 10 sacks. He had 11.5 in 2012, but yeah, contract came a year later.

Nice try.

(06-08-2021, 02:23 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Bates becoming the team rep for the NFLPA has to give the impression he wants to be here long term, so yes he should be the priority to resign. On Hubbard I think you give it half a season and see how the DL works with him and Hendrickson and if its working well, I have no issue resigning him either.

I do thing WR gets interesting, and by the end of this season, coaching staff and management has to at least know which one they prefer to keep. Perfect world you resign both, realistically only one probably resigns.

Burrow, I don't think you worry about right now, for him to get 35-40M a year, he has got to lead the Bengals to at least a super bowl, or a couple AFC title games. I'm not sure they team will be there just yet (maybe in year 5 of his deal.) Even so, I think the bigger question on Burrow is who is the Head Coach by the end of his deal?

That's what I said a few weeks ago; it makes no sense for him to be in that role, if he intends to leave. The only guy we had like that was Winston, but that was because he was NFLPA president (I may be wrong, but I believe they trump any team rep and become the defacto team rep, automatically).

Bengals don't sign guys during the season, so he'll be signed before or during TC, guaranteed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - CJD - 06-08-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - J24 - 06-08-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-08-2021, 03:31 PM