Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 04:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Cheney was removed because she wouldn't stop shooting off at the mouth.  She was overwhelmingly protected after her Yea vote for impeachment.  Is wasn't until months later when she kept bucking party leadership publicly that she got the boot.

This is all correct, but what was she shooting off at the mouth about? What issue was she bucking party leadership about? Could it have been her arguing against "the Big Lie" that is being pushed by Trump and his allies in Congress?

Saying Cheney was removed from leadership for bucking the GOP leadership is like saying the Civil War was fought over states' rights.

(06-08-2021, 04:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not sure what the scholars on fascism say, but one term I've heard thrown around with Donald Trump a lot is "proto fascist." Basically, a politician that normalizes and trends towards certain aspects of fascism such that someone can take up the reins and potentially lead to full fascism in the future.

That is the term I have seen most often used by experts in the field, as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Belsnickel - 06-08-2021, 07:42 PM