Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on contract extensions.
(06-09-2021, 02:59 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: why would we throw out last year when evaluating him?  the whole league is based on what have you done for me lately.  

He was hurt with rotational DT's playing next to him at best. Lawson only had 5.5 sacks and 2 or 3 of them were in 1 game
and he was our top sack guy. Bad year even for him and he got paid monster money and is not near the complete player 
that Hubbard is who was the best run stopping edge in the league last year. Pay Hubbard now before he has that breakout 
season is all I am saying. If you don't see the potential with him that is your problem Big Ern.

(06-09-2021, 03:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Every team is made up of players like him.  Not everyone can be a star.  And if he's "just a guy" than 80% of the league is just a guy.

I don't think anyone is calling for him to paid big time money (14+ mil).  And if you lock him up now you'll see a discount for 2 main reasons:  1.) You're signing him early, when he has no leverage that free agency offers, and it gives him security, and 2.) You're signing him coming off of a down year.

You get a deal now, say for 7 or 8 mil per, there's a pretty good chance that you're getting a bargain.  If goes out this year and gets double digit sacks I would imagine that production and his age would warrant him 10+ easily.  And worst case scenario, you just paid market price for decent starter.

Just my 2 cents.

Agree with your 2 cents Wes, now would be the time to extend Sam.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - CJD - 06-08-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - J24 - 06-08-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-09-2021, 05:42 PM