Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-06-2015, 02:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually it's not a slur.   http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/05/30/is_tranny_a_slur_or_an_identity_who_decides.html

And like I said I accomodated at first but it just became some peoples way to have a beef with me.   After all I used their word for them and it still was a slur supposedly ... Lol  

That's when he judgement crowd here lost all credibility.

Did you even read the article you linked? I'm guessing "no" is the answer to that.

"For outsiders, the contours of this debate are surely hazy, so here’s a rough sketch. ***** and words like it have long been used within the ***** world, among many transgender people and especially in the drag subculture, as signs of appreciation or friendship, much in the same way that some African Americans employ the word n****r. While ***** can also certainly be used as a slur (outsiders should not use it for this reason), it is the kind of term that has been claimed by many as a celebration of their own queerness, an indication of their intention to futz with our society’s deeply ingrained gender binary. Other trans people, though, have always found the term derogatory, rejecting it out of hand."

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - djs7685 - 11-06-2015, 03:29 PM