Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-12-2021, 12:11 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh my bad for not reading the autopsy report released a month after the fact after the police said he died from injuries sustained from being beaten with an extinguisher. I guess every time you read anything, you just follow it until the day you die in case it changes.

Except that when called on it, I actually went and did my research and acknowledged my being wrong. I legitimately wonder the last time anyone else here did that instead of just standing by their original post and screaming the same talking points they've been repeating for 10 pages or setting up strawman after strawman - for instance, comparing BLM to police brutality or Covid.

But nah, I'm the problem here. I mean, I'm easily the most flexible person here on my stances when presented with things other than Reddit posters arguments.

Twirling my finger sarcastically again and going back to Community for at least another episode before going to bed.

(06-11-2021, 11:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is rich considering I'm almost postive you're the guy who claimed a person was beaten to death with a fire estinguisher on January 6th. (You sound like a "facebook guy."

To me, it sure sounds like you're the type of guy who just hears something, does zero research it, and repeats it.  If only you could realize you're just as bad as those on the other side who do the same thing. You're the extreme.  You're the problem.  You lazily find something that supports your stance, your confirmation bias kicks into overdrive, and you repeat it as if you're not completely talking out of your arse.

God forbid you actually use the wonder that is the internet and google to find some semblence of the truth, and take the time to attempt to work out a legitimate opinion of your own.

Hey, easy guys.

Know what I would like to see? More talk about "parameters" and the like.  How do we measure the proportion of violent protests/protestors? 

In the case of BLM, remember there were BLM like protests all over the world. What counts as an example?

Also, it appears there were there were hundreds, maybe thousands of protests in the U.S. with no violence at all, including in my little town of Indiana, PA. 

But there were only two protests in my town. There were many in Minneapolis and maybe 100+ in Portland.  How many people, total, were involved in all the protests, and/or how many in a given city over time, and on a particular day/night? Without some solid answers to questions like that, we can't make claims about percentages.

Also, who are the people who actually riot and break things? We see evidence of broken things the next day, but is it clear that BLM protesters are involved? Even if some are, are the other elements who just look for mayhem, whose actions are not ethically motivated?  Mass demonstrations in some cities attract thugs and counterdemonstrators and others who may have an interest in seeing things go bad.

Good studies generally explain their methodology. When we discuss statistical studies/claims about civil unrest in the U.S., perhaps we should see if they present, or we can find, what they say about their methodology. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Dill - 06-12-2021, 12:34 AM