Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-12-2021, 12:54 AM)Dill Wrote: Yes. I'm not particularly upset by what she said.  

As Dr. Kilhanani explained, she was referencing the "emotional labor" required to explain black issues/grievances to whites. 
We are not provided with the actual talk she gave, but to it sounds like she was just expressing rage via fantasy, not 
expressing a literal desire to kill white people. "This is what it does to me."  This is not the same as a Klan member fantasizing about hanging a black person. 

If a rape victim said she had fantasies about killing men, I wouldn't get all upset about that, even though I would assume it to be more literal.

"Black Psycho doctor fantasizes about Killing whites!!" This just seems like another of those news bits thrown out to prove that blacks can be racist too, and that there is a terrible double standard against whites (imagine if a white doctor fantasized about shooting blacks in the head!), so maybe black people shouldn't be throwing stones, "both sides do it," so let's all just roll back talk about race. But no, libs want to keep it going . . . etc. 

E.g., look who pounced: Sebastian Gorka, an adviser in the Trump White House, tweeted that Khilanani was the "definition of a psycho." Rod Dreher, senior editor for the American Conservative, wrote a story that called her an "anti-White racist psychiatrist" and tweeted that she was an "appalling example of woke totalitarian capture of elite U.S. institutions."

LOL

My objection would be she should be more cognizant of how language which might clearly contextualized in a graduate seminar will sound if the news media get hold of it. Or perhaps she wanted the clicks? 

But again, I have not heard her talk, and I'd like to see the videos which are supposed to be the occasion of her anger. Without that, I have no concrete ideal of how the white killing fantasy fits--was she imitating, creating a counter balance? Was this reductio ad absurdum?  No idea. 

Here's the audio since you'd like to hear her talk.  And I'm not sure if your read the intial article I provided, but no video is being released (for obvious reasons).

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-psychopathic-problem-of-the-white

And here's some quotes from her lecture (with timestamps) in case you don't want to read or listen through everything...

This is the cost of talking to white people at all. The cost of your own life, as they suck you dry. There are no good apples out there. White people make my blood boil. (Time stamp: 6:45)

I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way, burying their body, and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step. Like I did the world a ***** favor.  (Time stamp: 7:17)

White people are out of their minds and they have been for a long time.  (Time stamp: 17:06)

We are now in a psychological predicament, because white people feel that we are bullying them when we bring up race. They feel that we should be thanking them for all that they have done for us. They are confused, and so are we. We keep forgetting that directly talking about race is a waste of our breath. We are asking a demented, violent predator who thinks that they are a saint or a superhero, to accept responsibility. It ain’t gonna happen. They have five holes in their brain. It’s like banging your head against a brick wall. It’s just like sort of not a good idea. (Time stamp 17:13)

We need to remember that directly talking about race to white people is useless, because they are at the wrong level of conversation. Addressing racism assumes that white people can see and process what we are talking about. They can’t. That’s why they sound demented. They don’t even know they have a mask on. White people think it’s their actual face. We need to get to know the mask. (Time stamp 17:54)

Keep in mind, this lecture took place at Yale, this women is still employed, her medical liscense is still intact, and none of this evokes the comedic talents of Richard Pryor, who she linked herself to.  Also, this is a college, not a comedy club.

If nothing about this bothers you, but you feel we need to be careful with words and pronouns, and things of the sort that surround other issues  then I'm not sure there's much of conversation to be had.  In this thread or any other.  Tell me now and I'll save my breath in the future.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Wes Mantooth - 06-12-2021, 01:39 AM