Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-12-2021, 01:52 AM)Dill Wrote: I have to get to bed now. I'll address your post tomorrow evening, after I have heard the talk.

But I do want to comment on this last part.

I doubt you'll ever hear me say there is "not much of conversation to be had" with anyone on any issue. 

I may at some future date decide there is someone I cannot communicate with, or who is not worth communicating with, but so far that has not happened. 

My reasons are partly ethical and partly (I think) rational, but I never set down pre-conditions for discussion, especially agreement with me at the outset on issues to be discussed. 

When it comes to the quotes we've seen, I don't think setting pre-conditions for discussion (simply agreeing that these are vile statements that have no place in an educational setting) is at all an unreasonable position.  If we can't at least have a starting point of denouncing the languange used then it's abundantly clear to me that further discussion isn't something I'll be terribly interested in partipating in.

Change "white" in that women's speach to any number of other races or religions.  Would we really need to hear how she audbily spoke these words, the context in which they were used, or spend any time whatsoever side-stepping the obvious?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend - Wes Mantooth - 06-12-2021, 11:12 AM