Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-08-2021, 12:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not sure I follow.  Are you asking for proof that Stacy Abramas engangd similar behavior? (I'll find it if you really want but I don't know how anyone could be unware of it)

It's been said or implied that Trump's questioning of the election results, and his behavior that followed, is/was an example of fascist types of behavior.

All I'm asking if these things are true for Trump, by this example alone, can we not also apply that same thinking to Stacy Abrams?  Can we say her actions were a "threat to democracy"?

If not, why not?

Sadly since 1979 or so, there have been almost 1000 cases of voter fraud, many in which resulted in overturned elections and even jail for some people. There are a few databases out there that highlight all of them. Obviously most of them were more on a local level under the national radar, but most of us remember the Bush/Gore election and what happened in FL. Most of us also remember 4 years of every democrat on TV and media saying Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election from Hillary and the investigation that followed. So, there should be no name calling or finger pointing when people question the integrity of elections whether its Stacy Abrams or Trump. We have a history of cheating and a history of accusing whether its falsely or not. The bottom line is that elections should always be transparent and bi-partisan in the counting and investigating. The ability to cheat should be taken away no matter how much that offends people on any side. The idea of suspecting voter fraud and asking for investigations being a threat to democracy is ridiculous. The real threat to democracy is the actual cheating, which has been done for a very long time in very many elections in America. Here is a link to one of the databases that highlight election fraud and results of it. Yes I do believe this is a conservative site, but research any of the individual cases and you'll see they all happened....
https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search?combine=&state=All&year=&case_type=All&fraud_type=All&page=0

All Americans should want fair elections and if there is any evidence of fraud it should be thoroughly investigated no matter which side. I support the election audits going on right now and think it should be done nation wide because there is definitely evidence to suggest fraud took place in certain areas. I supported the Russia collusion investigation in 2016 as well. It has nothing to do with which party is being investigated to me. It has to do with honesty and integrity for all elected officials. I dont want my person to win by cheating no matter how much I like him/her. So I fully support investigating this past election thoroughly and if it turns out that fraud happened, then people should go to jail over it and the election overturned. In my opinion, people who dont see it that way are a threat to democracy. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - bengaloo - 06-13-2021, 12:44 PM