Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-13-2021, 12:44 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Sadly since 1979 or so, there have been almost 1000 cases of voter fraud, many in which resulted in overturned elections and even jail for some people. There are a few databases out there that highlight all of them. Obviously most of them were more on a local level under the national radar, but most of us remember the Bush/Gore election and what happened in FL. Most of us also remember 4 years of every democrat on TV and media saying Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election from Hillary and the investigation that followed. So, there should be no name calling or finger pointing when people question the integrity of elections whether its Stacy Abrams or Trump. We have a history of cheating and a history of accusing whether its falsely or not. The bottom line is that elections should always be transparent and bi-partisan in the counting and investigating. The ability to cheat should be taken away no matter how much that offends people on any side. The idea of suspecting voter fraud and asking for investigations being a threat to democracy is ridiculous. The real threat to democracy is the actual cheating, which has been done for a very long time in very many elections in America. Here is a link to one of the databases that highlight election fraud and results of it. Yes I do believe this is a conservative site, but research any of the individual cases and you'll see they all happened....
https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search?combine=&state=All&year=&case_type=All&fraud_type=All&page=0

To the first line in bold: where are the "many" that resulted in overturned elections? The vast majority of voter fraud cases are individual cases where someone, often even done erroneously and without malice, did something they shouldn't have. I, personally, know of no cases where it resulted in an overturned election, or even the need for a new election, so I doubt that there would be any way that could account for "many." Sure, there are many cases of fraudulent activities related to elections, but in comparison to the numbers of ballots cast each year and the elections held between 1929 and today, the number is infinitesimal and insignificant.

(06-13-2021, 12:44 PM)bengaloo Wrote: All Americans should want fair elections and if there is any evidence of fraud it should be thoroughly investigated no matter which side. I support the election audits going on right now and think it should be done nation wide because there is definitely evidence to suggest fraud took place in certain areas. I supported the Russia collusion investigation in 2016 as well. It has nothing to do with which party is being investigated to me. It has to do with honesty and integrity for all elected officials. I dont want my person to win by cheating no matter how much I like him/her. So I fully support investigating this past election thoroughly and if it turns out that fraud happened, then people should go to jail over it and the election overturned. In my opinion, people who dont see it that way are a threat to democracy. 

What evidence? Every bit of evidence that has come up has been investigated and found to be nothing. It's been litigated in the courts a number of times, even. Continuing to call for investigations after they already happened is just ridiculous.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Belsnickel - 06-13-2021, 01:51 PM