Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actual Cap Money Left Rankings
Would not shock me if they're taking the same approach they did with the "Andy and AJ fund".  They'll start stockpiling rollover these next couple of years all in the name of a new contract for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins.

Keep in mind, even if were to offer a new deal to Bates and/or Hubbard they'll still be playing on their rookie (base) salary for 2021.  We may elect to front load a portion of the signing bonus but I wouldn't look for it to be such a large amount that it eats up a lot of this space.  (Ex:  We only frontloaded Joe Mixon's deal with about 2 million even though we had plenty of space to frontload it more.)

As far as signing some players who get cut, I wouldn't look for those to be high dollar.  Most of those guys are either going to sign cheap 1 year prove-it deals and if they are any that get bigger amounts I wouldn't look for us to pursue them nor would I look for them to want to come here.

I could be wrong, but I'd look for the Bengals to go into the year with 15-20 million in space.  I also wouldn't be surpised if they choose to carry over only about 75% of it (10-15 mil).  But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Actual Cap Money Left Rankings - Luvnit2 - 06-14-2021, 10:16 AM
RE: Actual Cap Money Left Rankings - Wes Mantooth - 06-14-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: Actual Cap Money Left Rankings - TJ528 - 06-14-2021, 05:40 PM
RE: Actual Cap Money Left Rankings - TJ528 - 06-15-2021, 11:02 AM
RE: Actual Cap Money Left Rankings - Au165 - 06-15-2021, 05:40 PM