Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Add Scout - Hire Trey Brown
(06-16-2021, 02:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good to hear.

Never understood the Bengals refusal to have an actual NFL-caliber scouting department. It really can't be that much money added onto the operating costs of an NFL franchise to add 6 more scouts. It's basically 1 Kahlil McKenzie or 1 Isaiah Prince equals like 4-6 scouts, no? I know which one is going to add more to a successful NFL team. Plus it takes a little of the scouting load off your coaches so they can actually focus on their main job.

Why add those 4-6 scouts when you have money coming in from the NFL TV contracts and you're gonna make your money whether you're competitive or not.  

Personally, I believe for the last 30 years Mike has run this franchise like it's his personal business.  He wants to make money more than he wanted to win championships.  He's been known as the bad guy in Cincy for quite awhile, do you really think he cares what the citizens of the greater Cincy area think of him?  

I think we're starting to see changes because honestly i don't think Katie wants to be known as the cheap ass of Cincinnati.  I feel like she wants to win and be competitive.  

In relation to what you said last as far as taking a load off the coaching staff,  I believe i read recently Zac come out and basically say that our coaching staff is required to do a lot more than your typical coaching staff.   

Hopefully, more and more changes continue to come and who knows maybe we'll see a winning season for the first time since 2015 this season.  I'm going with probably not and 6-11 but I continue to have hope.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Add Scout - Hire Trey Brown - jj22 - 06-15-2021, 11:18 PM
RE: Bengals Add Scout - Hire Trey Brown - TJ528 - 06-16-2021, 09:10 AM