Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-15-2021, 11:03 AM)bengaloo Wrote: You mean... like ALL of them lol. That is a small part of why I really cant stand democrats or republicans or politics in general and no I dont vote in presidential elections but I vote local. I've said that before on here. Big politics and their media has become so divisive it causes more harm than good. Obama, Hillary, Biden, same thing as Trump. Biden has made so many racist statements during his 50 years of being a politician its unreal. Our current VP was chosen because of damage control after Biden said "if you dont vote for me you aint black". It's not just Trump and his basket of deplorable's. Its a lot of them, and the worst ones seem to make it the furthest. 

I'm frying other fish at the moment, but I cannot resist quick response to the bolded equivalence.

When Obama was running against Hillary in the 2008 primary, he did not call her "crooked Hillary," nor did he call the news media "fake news, nor did he call Biden "Crazy Joe/China Joe/Sleepy Creepy Joe." Why are you lumping him in with someone who called people names--especially other politicians--every day of his presidency? "Shifty Schiff"? "Pocahantas"? "low-IQ Maxine Waters"? "Low-energy Jeb" and "Little Marco"? There is now a Wikipedia page devoted solely to the names Trump called others. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

Biden is someone who has generally fought for civil rights, walked the walk, and that is why so many Black voters chose him over Trump. Saying "you ain't black" was not "racism." It was an ironic, slang reference suggesting people who voted for Trump would be voting against their own interests by voting for someone who was racist. Every reference to race is not "racist."  Trump on the other hand insulted civil rights leaders and policies with abandon, called Mexican immigrants "rapists," called COVID the "China virus," wanted to ban Muslims from entering the U.S., told sitting Representatives of color to "go back to their countries"--that is all classic right wing stereotyping and scapegoating.

"Big politics and media" has not simply "become" divisive. Division and name calling have been an explicit tactic of the Republican right since 1996. When you lump both parties and all politicians together, the origins and causes of this divisiveness are hidden, not to mention what forces they really serve.

You still aren't answering my questions about Trump's repeatedly debunked claims of election fraud. The question fits with my comments above in that it speaks to how we vet politicians. 

Why is it that this one person, whose lies in most every arena of government have been exposed, along with attempts to misuse the powers of his office to punish enemies and nullify an election, still commands credibility for so many--including those claiming they are "independent" of party?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Dill - 06-16-2021, 03:54 PM