Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-06-2015, 03:29 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Did you even read the article you linked? I'm guessing "no" is the answer to that.

"For outsiders, the contours of this debate are surely hazy, so here’s a rough sketch. ***** and words like it have long been used within the ***** world, among many transgender people and especially in the drag subculture, as signs of appreciation or friendship, much in the same way that some African Americans employ the word n****r. While ***** can also certainly be used as a slur (outsiders should not use it for this reason), it is the kind of term that has been claimed by many as a celebration of their own queerness, an indication of their intention to futz with our society’s deeply ingrained gender binary. Other trans people, though, have always found the term derogatory, rejecting it out of hand."

(11-06-2015, 04:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obviously this transgender author and many transgender advocates feel differently than you.

And why would this be even an issue for mods?  I see that you have an agenda no doubt but discussing a topic is not the same as directly attacking someone here.   Groups get talked about often here ...... If we banned any questionable things said about any group here then the forum would be dead.

Did you just completely ignore my response above? Seems that way. I wonder why...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - djs7685 - 11-06-2015, 04:36 PM