Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-21-2021, 05:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure--STRONG showing at the beginning, but she was not ready for the national stage, running a CA campaign at the national level. Divided her camp between a CA and Baltimore. She and her staff did not know how to prepare policy-based long term strategy. Picking a busing fight with Biden could only ever have been a short term victory. Inability to step up with Sanders and Warren in debating healthcare did her in. Two months after Gabbard's accusations.

I'd agree that these are all factors.  I also think you're willfully ignoring my point about her.

Quote:Harris was polling 5% of the Mississippi vote to Biden's 50% in June of 2019--a month before the Gabbard debacle.

And what does this tell us?

Quote:I agree that Gabbard exposed something--lack of preparation. Whether the national stage or this forum, Democrats aren't impressed by dodgery, which does more damage than the accusations. (Biden weathered worse.) That, plus the fuzziness of her tax/healthcare policies, made her less desirable than other candidates who had clear, if less popular, agendas, like Warren and Bernie. From Gabbard deflection alone I can't infer that Harris "will do, say or think anything that helps get her elected." She needed to explain her record on marijuana prosecution and clarify the "withholding evidence" case. Should have put that out there earlier in the campaign. 

Incorrect, she exposed her rank hypocrisy and utter lack of convictions.  You rise through the ranks of government based primarily on a role as a prosecutor and then AG, all the while touting law and order credentials.  The minute the public mood turns against those things and all of the sudden you're raising money to bail out rioters.

Quote:I can infer, though, that Dem voters are looking for something more than a "D" beside a candidates name, during the primaries.

Seriously, read this sentence again.  It's honestly silly.

Quote:That doesn't change during the general election. 

Does it not?  Last I looked the general election is between people of two different parties, one with a "D" next to their name and one with an "R".  That's an extremely significant difference from the primaries, is it not? 

(06-21-2021, 06:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So you're only going to judge the response to the problems that are raised, and not the validity of the problems themselves?

I took away from it that he got exposed as a fraud.  She got completely embarrassed, and no amount of preparation was going to save her from the facts.  She's a phony.  She went on to illustrate this over and over as time went on.  She almost reached Hillary's level of saying she always keeps a bottle of hot sauce in her purse.

Quite honestly she's more like that than even Hillary.  Hillary blatantly panders, Harris changes opinions like underwear based on polling numbers.  You are completely correct, she's both a fraud and a phony
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-21-2021, 07:02 PM