Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists)
(06-21-2021, 07:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd agree that these are all factors.  I also think you're willfully ignoring my point about her.

And what does this tell us?

If your point is that Dem voters overwhelmingly "disliked" Harris, then I'm not ignoring it, just rejecting it. Many candidates dropped in the polls, not because people disliked them, but because they liked other candidates better. And I don't see that you have any other evidence for this imputed "dislike" than that people preferred other candidates.  I didn't vote for Williamson, but I didn't "dislike" her. 

The Mississippi stats give us some indication of how states with large Black populations might have gone, had Harris stayed in the race.
(06-21-2021, 07:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Incorrect, she exposed her rank hypocrisy and utter lack of convictions.  You rise through the ranks of government based primarily on a role as a prosecutor and then AG, all the while touting law and order credentials.  The minute the public mood turns against those things and all of the sudden you're raising money to bail out rioters.

Seriously, read this sentence again.  It's honestly silly.

Does it not?  Last I looked the general election is between people of two different parties, one with a "D" next to their name and one with an "R".  That's an extremely significant difference from the primaries, is it not? 

You still haven't specified any examples of "rank hypocrisy and utter lack of convictions." It's not like she was pro-choice and then became pro-life when she ran for president. She presented herself as a "progressive prosecutor" from the beginning of her career. That's a narrow path to walk.

The "silly" sentence establishes that 1) people voting in primaries are making selections based on something more than a "D," and 2) that sets up the question of whether that "something more" is at play when it's D vs R.  You've answered "no." If you are correct, that means Harris or Gabbard or even Hillary would have had the same vote totals as Biden. That is in effect what you are asserting. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fight Against Fascists (I Can't Believe This Exists) - Dill - 06-22-2021, 05:47 PM