Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-06-2015, 05:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: YOU posted an article that YOU agreed with that flat out explained how "*****" is like using the "n word". YOU posted this.

The article clearly states how an outsider (you) should absolutely refrain from using the term. Are you arguing against this now???

I'm bullying 0 people, you're bullying an entire community each time you use the damn word. It's just as acceptable to the community as the "n word" is to the black community, just as the article that YOU posted explains.

How on earth do you not understand this???

We are within a thread debating the validity of this group and whether they deserve the ability to affect others rights to accommodate their own desires.

So discussing this topic is certainly valid and topical and why you are taking this as an insult is beyond me.

Yes I get that you are scared about the usage of the word. We will agree to disagree on its usage. You won't be Changing my mind or shaming me into compliance to your standards of censorship. I posted an article and if you want to discuss that specifically then so be it.... But in doing so you can not ignore the parts you do not like.

Going back to the article I am reminded ....

Quote:And, as Lady Bunny suggests, we might think about whether expending this much energy on semantic infighting is distracting from more important battles elsewhere. I’m personally not sure if it’s a zero-sum game, but I am troubled by how, in our zeal to create a so-called “safe space” for ourselves, safe can so easily become code for ideologically pure. As history has borne out time and again, that’s not a space that’s safe for anyone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - StLucieBengal - 11-06-2015, 05:12 PM