Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Leave it to the NCAA to Unite the Country
(06-23-2021, 10:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: He stated that high level middle school male athletes would be able to beat D1 women's champions. That's a generalization.

Well, apparently I do not know if that is factually accurate. If it isn't, my point isn't all that good. But if it is, you can't blame it to be a generalization. An objectifiable fact should not be classified, and basically condemned, as such.

Professional male under 18 soccer teams beat women's top level soccer teams easily. Every top 200 male tennis player could beat the best female player easily. That's not a sexist statement, it's a factual statement. There's plenty of data points (eg games played) to back it up, of course direcly observable ones at track and field, and so on.

(06-23-2021, 10:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: As to my "stupidly" comment, saying an opinion is stupid isn't calling an individual stupid.

Alright, I would still question why you even think this opinion is stupid.
Eg. I enjoy women's soccer less than men's soccer and I don't think that is a stupid opinion.

(06-23-2021, 10:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is a difference there. Just like how I said Wes showed his "sexist streak" and referred to his comments as sexist rather than calling him a sexist. Those things are referring to statements or opinions that are sexist, not the individual themselves.

Sure, I understand that. You didn't call Wes sexist, you called his comments somewhat sexist, which is say on a lesser scale of condemnation. But it's still not a flattering judgment for the individual, and so I keep thinking it is uncalled for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leave it to the NCAA to Unite the Country - hollodero - 06-23-2021, 11:26 AM