Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military
Leftists, and even "Leftists," have called for "defunding" funding the military as a complement to defunding police departments, arguing that the massive Pentagon budget would be better spent on U.S. healthcare and infrastructure.

But the Right has always firmly planted its feet and shouted "NO"!

So what's up with the sudden about face of Fox News' Laura Ingraham? A clue in the article title--if they are teaching CRT, they're not OUR military anymore.  "The Left" has conquered the Pentagon, which now teaches "racist Marxism."  

Laura Ingraham Wants Military Defunded Over General Milley's Critical Race Theory Defense

https://www.newsweek.com/laura-ingraham-defund-military-general-milley-critical-race-theory-defense-1603625

Laura Ingraham has said she was "outraged" by General Mark Milley's defense of studying critical race theory and has suggested that Congress should withhold funding for the military until the topic is removed.

The Fox News host described the Joint Chiefs chairman's comments about the academic theory—which examines the ways race and racism intersect with politics, culture and the law—as "ridiculous."

In a Wednesday night segment on her show The Ingraham Angle, she said: "We are sending out tax dollars to this military in an attempt to weed out so-called 'extremists,' which just means conservative evangelicals as far as I can tell
She later added: "I have a question for the general: why would anyone risk his or her life for a country that's systemically racist? One that brutalizes minorities.
"Why would any country respect us or follow our lead if that's who we are? Those are some of the questions he should probably think about before he touts the value of teaching far-left, Marxist, racist ideology to our troops."

Responding to Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), who had earlier pressed Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on critical race theory, Gen. Miller said he believed military personnel should "be widely read."

He added: "I want to understand white rage and I'm white, and I want to understand it. So what is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the constitution of the United States of America? What caused that? I want to find that out."

Later in the Armed Services Hearing, Millen finally confessed, confirming Laura's suspicions.

Gen. Miller later said: "I've read Mao Tse-tung. I've read Karl Marx. I've read Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist. So what is wrong with understanding,—having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend?

"And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, our commissioned, non-commissioned officers of being 'woke' or something else because we're studying some theories out there.". . .

Austin had earlier dismissed similar concerns raised by the Florida Republican, saying: "We do not teach critical race theory. We don't embrace critical race theory, and I think that's a spurious conversation.
"We are focused on extremist behaviors and not ideology—not people's thoughts, not people's political orientation. Behaviors is what we're focused on."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - Dill - 06-24-2021, 07:28 PM