Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on contract extensions.
(06-25-2021, 02:57 PM)kevin Wrote: I like keeping Reiff.  Some like keeping Hubbard. From these posts, I think we all agree on keeping Bates.  Bengals need Bates Motel. He is still at his drafted pay rate, but his draft contract is up. Bengals can not keep him for 1 million at rookie pay. He now deserves proven veteran pay.  Bengals need to resign Bates Motel now before season starts, because Bengals Brown Family almost never talks contracts once season starts. We will lose Bates to Free Agency in March if not resigned NOW. I don't even want to hear one year franchise tag.  Bengals need to come off the cheap, and resign Bates who is best young defensive player on the team. Bates Motel is very close to being Pro Bowl every year, and Bengals need him.   If they don't resign Reiff or Hubbard, at least Resign Bates Motel.  Pro Bowl type Safeties are rare. but most Dynasty winning teams have had one. A Pro Bowl type Safety just makes your Defense so much better, and gives opposing Quarterbacks and Offensive Coaches long, hard games.

If we let Bates go Free Agent, we will not find another top safety like him for many years. Brown, Tobin, Taylor should be trying to put their best team on field around Burrow, and that means signing Bates from a rookie contract to a veteran contract promotion that he has earned. If I have to cut some lousy Bengals to pay the good Bates, that's what you do, you do not go cheap on him. Ravens had Reed, Steelers had Troy, Bengals having Bates into future is the way to go.

Bates Motel.  Players visits to The Bates Motel area are not good visits. People never leave The Bates Motel. Bates gives offensive players an early check out time.

Bates may not want to re-sign here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - CJD - 06-08-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - J24 - 06-08-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - fredtoast - 06-25-2021, 03:16 PM