Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military
(06-25-2021, 12:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "I've read Mao Tse-tung. I've read Karl Marx. I've read Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist. So what is wrong with understanding,—having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend?"

That's a great line from a man with incredible academic credentials. Of course, Tucker Carlson called him "stupid" and a "pig" because of it, but this is what you should expect from a party that is struggling to find relevance.

Side note: apparently Gen Milley told white supremacist Stephen Miller to "shut the **** up" after Miller said us cities were "war zones" because of BLM.

The Fox late night commentators are going all out on the "communist" connection.  I know you are a "leftist" forcing "Cultural Marxism" down our children's throats, so I wondered what your take an this new social "problem" is. (Note the "'real' racism" ploy in the last paragraph.)

Critical race theory is the hottest topic on Fox News. And it’s only getting hotter.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2021/06/24/critical-race-theory-fox-news/

If you watch Fox News, you’ve almost certainly heard a thing or two about critical race theory lately — though for viewers of other cable news networks, it may barely ring a bell.
Over the past few months, and particularly through June, hosts and anchors on Fox have ramped up the conversation about the theory, an academic legal framework for examining systemic and institutional racism that has become a hot-button issue for political conservatives.

The concept has been around for more than 40 years, according to EducationWeek, but it has become a major programming theme on Fox News only in recent months as parents, buoyed by conservative activists and groups, have vocally opposed the teaching of the theory — or something similar to it — in schools throughout the country. Republican-led state legislatures have voted to outlaw it.

The term “critical race theory” was mentioned just 132 times on Fox News shows in 2020. In 2021, it has been mentioned 1,860 times, according to a tally using the media monitoring service Critical Mention.

On Wednesday morning, for example, Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner pressed Caitlyn Jenner, a candidate for governor of California, on whether she opposes the teaching of the theory — without explaining what it is. “If I become governor, I will do everything to fight critical race theory from being taught to our children,” Jenner replied. “I am totally, 100 percent against that.”

Kathleen Hall Jamieson, a professor at the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School for Communication, said that “critical race theory” has become a culture-war shorthand, akin to catchphrases such as “sharia law” and “the war on Christmas” that became grist for hours and hours of conservative media programming in past years.

“Critical race theory would be aligned with the KKK and true white supremacy,” Quisha King, a mother of two children and a Florida co-chair of a group called Moms for Liberty, said during a June 11 appearance on Fox. “Wow,” fill-in host Tammy Bruce replied. (King, like some other individuals identified primarily as “concerned parents” during appearances on Fox, is also a Republican strategist.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - Dill - 06-24-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - Dill - 06-26-2021, 04:31 PM