Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on contract extensions.
(06-23-2021, 03:29 AM)kevin Wrote: Again, Bates and Reiff should be resigned.  We need Blocking and Tackling.  Do not let them go Free Agent

Uzomah and Price should not be resigned.  They are over paid as it is. Let them go Free Agent.  I like Uzomah, but he already gets paid too much. He is far from being an elite NFL Tight End.

I have no opinion on Hubbard and Okunjobi, except that Hubbard is NOT the most important person to keep.  That would be Bates and Reiff protecting Burrow is up there.  I have no problem keeping Hubbard, but Bates is a Super Star that Bengals can not afford to lose. Bates gives us that top notch Safety like an Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott, and we need that.  There were players brought in that might beat Hubbard out of a job, the same can not be said for Bates.

Now is the time to be resigning, since Bengals stance is not to talk contracts during playing season.  The Paul Brown Family way is if Bates or Reiff are not resigned before season starts, we lose them to Free Agency after season.  Bengals need both in 2022.  

If Bates goes Free Agent, then it shows why Bengals haven't won a play-off game in 30 years, because this front office doesn't have a clue. Bates is paid 1 million now, and of course you give our best defensive player a pay raise and keep him here.

I wanted to take a look at this thread again, because now is the time for Bengals to be resigning players. Bengals almost never resign players once season starts.  They better keep Bates Motel.  Nobody escapes from The Bates Motel.  Could be best Safety the Bengals have ever had, at least one of the best. Keep Him, if you resign nobody else, Keep Bates Motel. Do not franchise tag him for a year. We need Bates longer than a year.  Bengals are paying Bates 1 Mil and you don't get a Safety like Bates for 1 Mil, so Bengals need to get off the cheap and Pay The Man.

Would I let Uzomah, Price, Okunjobi and Hubbard salaries walk to pay Bates and maybe Reiff, YES.  Let some salaries walk to pay Bates, by all means.

I believe you are very correct.

I'm sure keeping Taylor and Lou around for this season isn't helping either. Why would Bates want to commit to staying when the coaching staff has proven to be just awful?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - CJD - 06-08-2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - J24 - 06-08-2021, 02:49 PM
RE: Thoughts on contract extensions. - BengalChris - 06-27-2021, 08:24 PM