Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(06-28-2021, 11:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have to be honest, sometimes it seems like a lot of you pile on the OP as a way to avoid some of the content he shares.  

This thread reads very similarly to the one he shared that had Biden commenting about the little girl sitting there and saying she looked like she was going on 19, or whatever.

I'm not pointing this out to say that you can't disagree with the OP, or you can't take exception to the title of the post or his takeaway from the video.  But you would at least think one of you would comment on the video itself and state the obvious.  And since none of you will I guess I will, this behavior by Bident is strange as hell.

I mean, c'mon, guys.  This is weird as shit.  Just as was his comments about the young girl.  Saying as much won't turn you into a Republican, or out you as a Trump guy, I swear.  Biden is a treasure trove of strange, comedic, and creepy behavior.  And before we get into whataboutism, so was Trump.  I just don't understand why there's so much silence surrouding behavior that is so clearly odd.

This man is lobbing softballs to late night TV and the SNL's of the world right now.  This video here is A+ sketch material.  And how that video of him falling down the steps 3 times didn't make it's rounds all of over the place is beyond me.

What is there, exactly, to be avoided here--other than talk about policy and policy results? 

Is there a scandal here meriting voter concern? 

When I see videos like the one above, two metrics come into play.  One is how I actually respond to it--which in this case is to presume that Joe's attempts to be "spontaneous" don't work out well. I don't think this was a gaff, just an attempt to be witty. But is there something I should be truly concerned about?  I am not "creeped out." I don't see how this connects to massaging a woman's shoulders or the comments about the girl.

The second metric is how Fox/RWM responds. "Creepy" is not a very clear standard. It's all about affect. So I am looking for efforts to "hype the creep" in hopes of transforming Sleepy Joe into "Creepy Joe." I.e. efforts to artificially create a "concern" about Biden, so people will be looking for "creepy," connecting the attempt at a comedic whisper to massaging a woman's shoulders and who knows what else to come. That happened to Hillary to a great degree, as people here and elsewhere began repeating Fox cues about her "coldness" and "sense of entitlement" and "phoniness," which people then began to "see" in all her tv appearances--not least during the Benghazi hearings, when Hillary never "apologized" to the families of the victims of a tragedy for which she was not responsible.

In short, I am very careful about invitations to be offended, to be way more offended, than I would normally be by slightly different or odd behavior. Am I deploying a double standard if I don't get as upset about this as I did about Trump mimicking a handicapped person? 

If Trump were to win back the WH in 2024, would the whisper incident become like Obama's tan suit, invoked to illustrate the difference between a Biden scandal and a Trump scandal?  

[Image: 1024px-P082814PS-0607_%2815043139586%29.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane? - Dill - 06-28-2021, 12:30 PM