Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(06-28-2021, 02:33 PM)Dill Wrote: Hey, I am going to agree with you here--up to a point.

I have followed Biden for decades, going back to his first run at the presidency, which was tanked by plagiarism. 

As someone who wants Biden to succeed, I do cringe when I see him shift to "improvise" mode before the cameras. And that is exactly what he was doing with the "whisper" ploy.

The guy is in his mid-70s. I expect some diminishment of his cognitive abilities. That is certainly a concern, because I don't think Kamala is ready to step in yet. But he is much less concerning in that regard than the last president. I don't see Biden aides hiding documents from him that they don't want him to sign. 

But you are right that if there is steady degeneration, we could reach a point in a year or two when executive dysfunction sets in--inability to understand/keep track of issues motivates people around the president to "fill in the power vacuum," leading to an extraordinary level of infighting, turnover, and leaks, which plagued the last administration and the last year's of Reagan's final term.  It's possible. 

I don't know whether these "issues" are in fact becoming more and more apparent or RW commentators simply don't have much else to focus on. 

If you want to expand on why his response is BS, I'd happy to hear that. "Pay them more." No? 

78 isn't exactly mid-70s, but, in terms of his cognitive decline, I do wonder when, sometime in the next few years, his issues become worse and he's just all-out forgetting things and unable to think like a functioning person, if all the people defending him will say "oh, that just came on suddenly.... there were no signs of it or any way to foresee it."

I've thought about how it will go on this board when it happens because it seems inevitable. 

Will people admit that he was never mentally stable enough to be elected or will they just deflect like many in this thread have done?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane? - BFritz21 - 06-28-2021, 03:14 PM