Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(06-28-2021, 05:23 PM)Dill Wrote: ---Re: 2. I don't think he was disputing that Trump wanted to send people $2,000 checks but his party did not want to go along with it.

---FDR created unemployment insurance, so that kicked in of course. Not a "stimulus" measure. 

--- I mean, that's not really an accurate description what actually occured.  It's not that the Republican party was opposed to sending out checks, they were opposed to all of the stuff that was going into the bill in additon to said checks.  Simpy saying that Trump was for 2,000 checks and the party was is not at all true.

---I wasn't talking about unemployment on it's own, I'm talking about the $300 extra in relief that is being added to it.  That obviously is pandemic related and has nothing to do with what FDR put in place.  It's not hard to understand how this can affect people wanting back to work. 

A guy who was taking home, say around 400 a bucks a week on $12 an hour job, is now most likley bringing in close to $600 a week.  (225-275 in regular unemployment + $300 in extra benefits)  He now needs to find work at around 16-18/hr just to break even with what he is currently getting.  Even at over $20 an hour, a worker like this may elect to stay home rather than work for another hundred bucks a week.  (Add in transportation costs and the work itself, it's not hard to make this decision)

Fwiw, as I said earlier, I'm not looking to assign blame strictly to Joe Biden or the democrats here.  This has been brewing and the pandemic has really made a mess of things.  My point was that this is a legitimate issues that deserves a more thought out response.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane? - Wes Mantooth - 06-28-2021, 05:40 PM