Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military
(06-29-2021, 11:38 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This made it into a school in Washington called Highline this past year:

[Image: RUBIN-1.png]

This made it's way into a school in New York called East Central, which you can read about here: https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-school-sends-out-chart-calling-for-an-end-to-regime-of-whiteness/news-story/2c92860e4ebfffc40e99c3495be13064

[Image: 3a5ebef48599fa00ad183932c0686fb1?width=650]

[Image: 1978bc1fed3ebe18970133d752300aa3?width=650]

There's more examples, but I'm sure you get the point.  Now, someone might say this isn't CRT and maybe it's not.  But that doesn't refute the fact this stuff is being taught, or that exploring these subjects without a strict federal guideline isn't a slippery slope.

Take some time trying to seek out some in-practice examples of CRT/Diversity Training, and you may shocked at what you actually find.  At the very least, you'll come away knowing that some people are railing against some of these school boards for things that aren't as simple as being opposed to history.

There's nothing wrong with the top image in proper context. The bottom two were taken from a professor who teaches CRT without his knowledge and redistributed online. The principal of the school passed it out to staff and parents. 

It was a stupid thing to do, to try to utilize this without any understanding of the context it came from and in such a casual manner. This, however, isn't a reason to not support utilizing CRT as an academic perspective.

If the only attacks against it are anecdotal examples of it being used in a poor way, that's not a problem with CRT itself, that's a problem with execution. 

I don't think we need federal guidelines on this, though I hope that anyone suggesting we do didn't criticize Common Core.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - Dill - 06-24-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - BmorePat87 - 06-29-2021, 01:18 PM