Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Top 50 released with no Bengals listed.
(06-29-2021, 12:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: Stats don't always tell the whole story.

Certainly Bates has been a bit overlooked as Cincinnati has been pretty bad the last couple seasons but  not sure why everyone take these things so personally.

You're right that he's probably better than some of those guys but ehh.  Who cares.

If Cincinnati can make a legit playoff run people will see the players for who they are and recognize the talent on this team.

Until then everyone will just see a bunch of losers and Joe Burrow and think 'well there goes Cincinnati ruining another QBs career'.

I never said they did, but if you're making tackles, you're the one getting a player down, which is a good thing.
If you're getting a lot of PDs, you're making a play on the ball a lot, which is a good thing.
If you're getting INTs and FFs, you're getting turnovers, which is a good thing.

No way would I put Bates behind John Johnson or Marcus Williams.

I'm also not buying the point that if the team was winning more, they'd get more recognition. Justin Simmons plays for a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2016, just one season less than the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Top 50 released with no Bengals listed. - ochocincos - 06-29-2021, 01:53 PM