Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(06-29-2021, 05:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If someone you admire takes advantage of you, I can feel some sort of bad for you, yes.  

If your hero is your hero because he is a rich, unapologetic, rule-breaking, money-grubber and he takes advantage of you then I think you may as well be flatted to be his victim. 

Not to Godwin's Law this whole thing, but I view Trump supporters the same way I view the people who voted for the Nazis in Germany.

They were desperate people who felt like the world was crashing down on them and/or does not care about them and Hitler (and Trump) offered these people someone who could "fix all their problems."

Sure, people can tell you that the man who claims he will save your country is gassing Jewish people by the thousands every day...But that is fake news. That is the elitists trying to take him down because they're afraid of the good he will do for us.

Trump supporters refuse to believe any of the bad things said about Trump because the people spreading those bad things (the media) have bad intentions (in their minds). Trump will make America Great Again!!! (with no specificity as to when that was, because then we'll realize that we are looking at the past through rose tinted glasses).

Desperation can make a person do some pretty crazy things.

Now, I don't think it's a perfect comparison because I don't think Trump is as bad is Hitler. But I also don't think that Trump supporters were in as dire straits as Nazi voters were post-Treaty of Versailles. So I think it balances out a little bit.

It's really easy to say "they got what's coming to them" in the case of both Nazis and Trump supporters. Especially when their own leaders screw them over, as they do.

But I'm much more interested in the answer to the question "How do we get them to see through the lies that have been presented to them?"

Deradicalization is much better than condemnation, in my opinion. I know people who are Trump supporters and I don't think they're bad people.

They just got caught up in the lies and paranoia that Trump is intentionally spreading in order to gain power.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane? - CJD - 06-29-2021, 05:12 PM