Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underrated backup QB we've had
(06-29-2021, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't define "good enough to win" by if a QB won or not and then say McCarron played "well enough to win" when he lost.

If a QB both loses and plays like shit then how did he "play well enough to win"?

I agree with you on that BUT the 2015 game was an anomaly. 99,999/100,000 times in that situation at the end of the game Cinci wins. In my head, AJ did enough to win that game but then the circus show happened.

To me that was a win that was stolen right out of our hands. I understand though that in your mind a loss is a loss which I get… I just don’t see things the same way.

Either way, this thread isn’t really about if McCarron is good or not, it got a bit derailed. He’s just underrated in my mind and almost accomplished more than any starter or backup in the last 30 years. Whether that’s because he just happened to be the starter that day on a really good Bengals team or not doesn’t really change that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most underrated backup QB we've had - GreenCornBengal - 06-29-2021, 10:00 PM